Mojang Team has released a new version of Minecraft 1.8, called 1.8.5, which is now available for download in your launcher. This release fixes a few reported security issues, in addition to some other bug fixes.
This version is fully compatible with all previous 1.8 versions, but it is still highly recommend to update to 1.8.5 as soon as possible.
- Phantom Custom Player in Scoreboard / UUIDs of non-player entities on scoreboards truncated after relog
- Exploit with signs and command blocks
- Better server validation for movement packets
- Invalid beacon effects are not validated
- Certain attribute values are not bound
Please make sure that you are in the correct server mode (online mode/offline mode) when you start the 1.8.5 server for the first time, because profiles are not compatible between these two server modes.
Cross-platform server jar:https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/1.8.5/minecraft_server.1.8.5.jar
Cross-platform server windows exe:https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/1.8.5/minecraft_server.1.8.5.exe
Credits: Mojang Team